We understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased from the Cote Maison Design store, to assist you, we have set out below the Cote Maison Design Policy highlighting key points that you should know.
Our Returns Policy includes the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant laws.
Your Rights under the Australian Consumer Law - Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, Cote Maison Design is entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or other suitable remedy.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Cote Maison Design adopts the same approach. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
- Please retain your receipt . In order to obtain a refund, exchange or to repair a product purchased from Cote Maison Design, you must have clear proof of purchase - typically, but not always, a receipt. If we cannot be satisfied that you purchased the product from us then, under the law, we are entitled to elect whether or not to accept your product for return. However, if the product is a Cote Maison Design product, Cote Maison Design will offer you a repair, exchange or Returns Coupon credited with the value of the item at the lowest recorded system price as its purchase date cannot be determined. For loss prevention purposes we will need to record your personal details.
- Product Assessment Once proof of purchase has been established, we will offer you either a refund, exchange, repair or Returns Coupon. The available remedy will depend on whether the fault amounts to a major failure. Unfortunately, Cote Maison Design cannot offer a refund or exchange where the there is no fault with the goods or where product has sustained damage due to abnormal use. If the product does not match its advertised description, Cote Maison Design will provide you with a choice between a refund or Returns Coupon to the value of the item purchased.
- What should I do if I have changed my mind and want to return a product? Please choose carefully as Cote Maison Design does not normally accept return of goods where you have simply changed your mind.
- What is a Returns Coupon and when would I receive one? A Returns Coupon provides with you a credit to the value of the goods returned. A Returns Coupon may be given if a return is granted on a Cote Maison Design product where no proof of purchase has been supplied. The Returns Coupon is not redeemable for cash and is valid for six months from the date of issue.
- If I can't find my receipt, can I use a bank statement as proof of purchase instead? Unfortunately Cote Maison Design will not accept a bank or credit card statement unless the amount shown on that statement directly corresponds to the amount at which the product in question was purchased. Where multiple items were purchased in that transaction, it limits our ability to establish proof of purchase. Cote Maison Design cannot provide copies of receipts if lost or misplaced.
- Please note: When a refund is granted, we will refund the original purchase price via the previous method of payment indicated on the receipt. If you are granted an exchange for Cote Maison Design products for the reason of not having proof of purchase, you will be given an exchange or Returns Coupon to the value of the lowest recorded system price as its purchase date cannot be determined.